TCN Behavioral Health Services, Inc., a Non-Profit Organization, is committed to providing accessible, affordable mental health and substance use treatment to youth and adults through clinical excellence in the greater Dayton, Ohio area.
Our staff is committed to continuous quality improvement and building a strong community of healthy and productive individuals. TCN endeavors to recruit and retain a diverse, dedicated and highly trained staff who are caring, culturally sensitive, ethical, and who can collaborate with other staff in the provision of services.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a full-time, short-calendar (46 weeks) Youth Mental Health Counselor in our Youth Recovery Program (YRP). The Youth Recovery Program provides intensive, day treatment services to high risk youth with severe mental health symptoms that impact their ability to be successful at home, in school or in the community. This position reflects 1 week off in December, 1 week off in the spring and 4 weeks off in the summer.
We are offering a $1,500 sign on bonus!
- Provides weekly individual and family counseling and daily group counseling to a small caseload of YRP youth, under clinical supervision. Meets productivity and quality requirements set by the Agency and that is within the limits of services permitted by license and scope of practice.
- Develops and implements individual and group activities designed to resolve and stabilize decompensating psychiatric conditions.
- Develops, coordinates and implements daily activities for YRP groups in accordance with the YRP curriculum.
- Provides educational, rehabilitative, and therapeutic activities designed to facilitate a return to, or continuation of, family, education, and/or community activities.
- Provides diagnostic assessments under clinical supervision that meet productivity and quality requirements set by the Agency.
- Develops and maintains quality, accurate clinical charts for all clients served.
- Works effectively on a small team to provide high quality, intensive and comprehensive mental health services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral problems.
- Other clinical duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Social Work or a related field; Masters degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in youth mental health treatment.
- Licensure: Minimum of a LSW/LPC; LISW/LPCC preferred.
- Certification: CPR; First Aid; De-escalation.
Other: Meets all standards and regulations of the Counselor and Social Worker Board of the State of Ohio. Demonstrated competencies for working with youth that have severe emotional and behavioral problems.
TCN offers an excellent benefits package including: 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability/Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holidays, potential to earn quarterly bonuses, Agency paid CEU trainings, clinical supervision hours toward LISW/LPCC licensure and a flexible schedule potential based on program and Agency needs.
TCN is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested candidates can apply directly at TCN.org or by sending their resume to:
Director of Human Resources
TCN Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
452 W. Market Street
Xenia, Ohio 45385
(937) 376-8700 X 8730