Preschool Assistant (part-time AM only.)
Position Type: Preschool Assistant for a.m. class (morning session -3 hours/day)
Location: Greene County ESC at Friends Preschool in Yellow Springs
Date Available: 2021-2022 school year
Greene County Educational Service Center: Greene County ESC position.
The Preschool Program is located at Friends Preschool (located at Friends Nursing Home in Yellow Springs, Ohio). The program serves children from Yellow Springs and Cedar Cliff school districts.
- Meet one of the following: Associate’s Degree or higher, 48 semester hours, or passing score on State Board of Education ParaPro Assessment
- Valid Ohio Department of Education Educational Aide Permit
- Experience and/or training with Autism and/or ABA or RBT training a plus
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Meets legal requirements relative to a criminal background check
- Maintain acceptable attendance record and punctuality
- Assist preschool aged child(ren) with daily tasks, routines, picture schedules
- Take teacher direction and implement assigned tasks into daily routines
- Work collaboratively with preschool staff to provide a multidisciplinary team approach
- Work collaboratively with teacher in best interest of child(ren)
- Must meet preschool licensure laws with PD hours and develop an OCCRRA account
- Must be trained or willing to be trained in Communicable Disease, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, CPR, and CPI
- Duties may require lifting, carrying, standing, reaching, bending, crouching, and/or kneeling.
- Duties may include diapering or potty training and assisting with personal care tasks
- Must maintain an updated physical every 3 years
- Potential for exposure to bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases.
- Potential for interaction with disruptive and/or unruly children
Salary: In accordance with the salary schedule commensurate with training and experience
: Cover letter, updated resume’, 3 references or 3 letters of recommendation, licenses pertinent to the position to [email protected]
Posting will close on June 3, 2021.
For position specific questions, contact: