We currently have a fulltime School-based Mental Health Therapy position available. As a School-based mental Health Therapist you will have the opportunity to provide individual, family and group therapy to children and adolescents in the natural environment of the school. We have been working closely with our Greene County school partners for the past 22 years and take pride in the integrated supports we have built for youth and families.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements include appropriate Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board licensure (LISW, or PCC preferred). School Social Work experience & ODE License a plus. Clinical therapeutic experience with a variety of ages, working knowledge of Medicaid & ODMH regulations, documentation and productivity, computer skills. Agency uses CareLogic for the Electronic Health Record and Updox for video-based therapy services.
School-Based Mental Health Program Description:
- Services are designed to meet the needs of high risk of student populations who struggle to access care in the community
- Provide integrated services to students whose mental health symptoms create non-academic barriers to learning.
- Provide evidence based trauma treatment.
- Reduce the stigma related to mental health services.
- Provide IEP mandated services in conjunction with school-based IEP teams, teachers and administrators.
- Provide consultation, linkage and referral to other providers, both public and private.
- Help educators recognize and refer students in distress.
GCESC Mental Health Staff Description:
- Licensed as Social Workers or Professional Counselors through the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board.
- Hold current certification through the Ohio Department of Education as either School Social Worker or Educational Aide.
- Maintain FBI and BCI background checks per ODE and OHMAS regulations.
- Receive regular training on trauma, education, mental health policy, laws and ethics.
- Certified by CARF to provide mental health services as an imbedded program within the schools.
- Follow Special Education requirements related to IEPs.
Start Date: Immediate and an option to renew for 2023-24 school year.
Salary: $35,925 - $55,238, dependent on education and experience