Greene County ESC Behavior Consultation and Coaching Services
The purpose of the GCESC Behavior Consultation/Coaching Services program is to support district personnel in building their internal capacity to support students with behavioral and social emotional needs.
What it IS:
Job embedded professional development on-site in school districts (see list below).
Consultation to recommend evidence based interventions for behavioral support and social emotional learning.
Ongoing coaching support for staff in implementation of evidence based practices for behavioral support and social emotional learning.
What it is NOT:
Initial Behavior Support Consultation
$1,500 per referral
Classroom Observation for purpose of consultation recommendations (up to 2 hours)
Review of relevant records
Meeting/Needs Assessment with district educational team
Delivery of written report with summary of recommendations.
Presentation/explanation of recommendations at meeting
Email Q/A for 4 weeks from date of Visit 2
Follow Up Behavior Support Coaching
(only available after completion of initial consultation)
$500 per onsite visit
Example Topics for Job Embedded Professional Development by the Greene County ESC Behavior Consultant/Coach:
- Helping develop positive team dispositions for behavior planning
- Guiding others to define behaviors and identify desired outcomes
- Determining social validity of behavioral goals
- Prioritizing behaviors
- Determining appropriate tiers of support
- Identifying and teaching replacement behaviors
- Understanding response-effort considerations
- Determining behavioral and social emotional skill deficits
- Identifying related task demands
- Determining interventions in the learner’s zone of proximal development
- Scaffolding of behavior supports
- Ensuring fidelity of implementation
- Developing a transfer and generalization plan