| Amy Baldridge
| Andy South
Outdoor Advantage nurtures students in a smaller, hands-on, alternative learning setting
60 East South Street
Bellbrook, OH 45305
The Greene County ESC Alternative Program for Middle School students in grades 6 - 8 is housed at the former Sugarcreek Elementary building in Bellbrook, Ohio. The program is targeted for students that would benefit from a smaller, alternative learning setting.
Outdoor Advantage is designed to support hands-on, project-based learning. Easy access to Sugarcreek Reserve incorporates outdoor experiences with standards-based instruction. This program combines core course education with outdoor activities and curriculum to help provide goal setting opportunities for students who are at risk of not being successful in a traditional school setting.
The program also provides mental health therapy for the students needing extra support.
By offering a non-traditional academic, career, and life skills program, the Outdoor Advantage Program nurtures and encourages a responsible, ethical, educated, and self-sufficient environment for students.
• Provide a positive safe place for young adults; free of drug, alcohol, violence, weapons, hate, intolerance, and disruptive behaviors
• Provide a structured environment for learning with an emphasis on academic preparation and based on individual student abilities, interests, and employability skills
• Provide a learning environment which promotes student self-confidence, self-discipline, and self-efficiency
• Provide a research-based continuum of academic, vocational, social, and mental health services
• Provide a staff of caring teachers, therapists, counselors, and support personnel, all of whom are advocates for children, young adults, and families